Supply Chain Analyst
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Crick, Northamptonshire - M1 Junction 18
Do you have Supply Chain experience and looking to take the next step in your career? Are you looking to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment? If you have the drive and ambition, we're looking for you.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst to join our friendly team reporting to the Demand Planning Manager within our Plumbing and Heating division of Travis Perkins plc.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure the product availability within the Groups Primary Distribution Hubs (PDH) to execute product category demand plan for a specified portfolio of suppliers through purchase order placement and expediting in a manner that maximises availability to the customer whilst minimising stock value & cost to serve. You will be responsible for product availability of a defined portfolio & group of suppliers by accurate demand forecasting, creation of supply chain purchase order placement and expediting in a way that maximises customer service while minimising costs. Along with implement and manage in Supply Chain system JDA and product forecasts based on historic demand and market intelligence.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Utilise the relevant Demand plan to place appropriate timely purchase orders on the supplier base using the JDA system, to ensure above target stock availability on a set sku profile.
- To provide support and data to Category Commercial colleagues on PDH stock, with supporting information to fulfill rebate deals and ‘buying gain’ purchases as required to support in any commercial negotiations. Whilst building and maintaining strong supplier relationships over a given supplier portfolio. Sharing relevant data i.e. purchase plans with suppliers at an agreed time period.
- To utilise the JDA platform to identify current and potential future stock outs and to expedite stock through the network, escalating if required, in order to ensure stock availability targets are met.
- To utilise the JDA platform to alert to current and potential over stocks and to remove or postpone orders as required, to ensure we have the lowest stock value while maintaining availability, taking accountability for having the right and relevant stock to maintain a strong stock health and achieving the best return on stock investment.
- To act as a reference point for branch and branch support colleagues with inventory issues. To offer the best possible customer service.
What we are looking for;
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate attention to detail, tenacity and an ability to operate in a results driven environment. There is a need for an in depth understanding of the JDA forecasting tool and a good understanding of the Distribution network. And have the ability to build strong relationships with internal teams and supplier base.
If you feel you have the skills, knowledge and experience, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we can offer you;
A busy and fast paced business with great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for career progression - join Travis Perkins Plumbing & Heating division as a Supply Chain Analyst and share our success and good times with a hard-working, friendly bunch of people.