We have a new and exciting opportunity within our Plumbing and Heating division to join the Property team as a Regional Surveyor.
You will be responsible for all aspects of managing the branch portfolio within your region, this will include lease renewals, rent reviews, acquisitions, disposals and general estate management matters.
- Proactively settle rent reviews and lease renewals; dispose of surplus real estate; manage rating consultants in accordance with agreed strategies to maximise financial benefits within appropriate timescale
- Deliver new branches in accordance with P&H/Business Units new floor space plans within a geographical region
- Support Head of FM/Branch Development in formulating regional initiatives.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to deliver a wide range of asset management projects.
- To provide verbal and written advice and recommendations to Senior Management on all Estate Management matters plus acquisitions and disposals, in order to ensure that effective decisions can be made in line with Corporate Strategy
- Deliver completed projects with all supporting and relevant information to Estate’s, FM, Estate’s Finance and Project Management Teams
- To handle any other estates matters as requested by the P&H Property Director
What are we looking for?
- You will hold a MRICS qualification
- Well established individual with a proven track record of personally settling rent reviews, lease renewals and general estate management cases with a proven track record in transactional work in the/industrial/ retail sectors.
- Excellent communicator, well established network of contacts, strong negotiation skills and excellent time management attributes.
- Property negotiation, strong working knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation, rent review case law, Planning, Development Appraisals, contract law, construction methodology
- An ability to work under pressure, collaboratively with a highly developed attention to detail
- Preferably well developed softer skills re communication and emotional intelligence.
- Ideally client side experience or private practice.
Who are we?
We are the UK leader in the building materials and home improvement markets. Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across 20+ leading businesses including Travis Perkins, Wickes, Keyline and City Plumbing Supplies. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
If you’re ready to learn new skills, roll your sleeves up and dive into an exciting change and transformation journey with us then apply today. We’d love to tell you more and share our story with you.