Quality Control Supervisor
Travis Perkins P&H are currently recruiting for a Quality Control Supervisor based at our Omega distribution centre in Warrington.
You will be responsible for the on site Quality Control Team, where you will manage and maintain QC activities on site within the scope of the ISO 9001:2015 registered Management System. You will work with the Quality Assurance team based at our offices in Northampton to support all Quality Control activities including the review and approval of Pre-Shipment Inspection Reports and goods-inwards inspections. Identify and propose evolutionary enhancements to the Quality Control ways-of-working. Managing the smooth transition of any changes, organising and arranging reworking of Non Conforming / Rejected stock to ensure minimum disruption to the Supply Chain.
Main Purposes of the Job
- Accountable for all quality activities on site
- The effective management of the QC Auditors to ensure inspections are focused products based on risk (including safety and reputation)
- To liaise with goods inwards and warehouse management teams to discuss and agree resolution of identified issues, both product and process related.
- Ensure all non-conforming products are segregated and remedial action is progressed with the Category Technical Manager (CTM), Commercial Manager (CM), Product Supply colleague or distribution management in a timely manner and ensure that all identified concerns are escalated to the appropriate
- To recommend, whenever possible, improvements to packaging, delivery, processes, storage and/or handling.
- To liaise with commercial, technical and product supply colleagues as well as suppliers to develop intelligent solutions to issues
- Manage daily inspection schedules to ensure that they are completed within required time scales. ● Carry out branch visits as required, to an agreed schedule and reporting structure to inspect direct product deliveries and obtain feedback on product issues and returns.
- Carry out supplier visits as required to conduct final inspections to capture concerns prior to entering our supply chain
- Escalate, as appropriate, any issues found on site that impact product quality, product integrity, site housekeeping and safe working practices.
- A proven and positive leader who is adept at building collaborative relationships.
- A Good communicator, both written and verbal with good report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals ● Methodical with an attention to detail.
- Well organised with the ability to plan workloads and multi-task to achieve deadlines. ● Ability to respond quickly and effectively in all situations
- Good numeracy skills and have an understanding of AQL
- Self motivated, flexible, with the ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Driving licence essential as travel to customer branches may be required
- Experience of ISO 9001 requirements essential
- Previous Quality Control experience is an advantage and needs to be demonstrated during selection ● process
Why join TP Omega?
Full time, permanent, Monday - Friday (no planned weekends/voluntary overtime)
Get Bank Holidays off on top of your holiday allowance.
Access to full range of company benefits, including Company Bonus scheme.
Subsidised ‘American Diner’ themed canteen plus free meal on your birthday.
On site Gym.