Personal Assistant to Director
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Personal Assistant (PA)
Location: Gloucester, with occasional travel
Hours: 37.5 Monday to Friday
PTS is a leading distributor of domestic plumbing and heating products to a varied customer base including major contract customers, house builders and housing associations. With a network of branches, PTS is ideally placed to meet the needs of customers, wherever they may be, we also offer a fast and efficient on time in full delivery service. PTS is also the sole supplier of key products and services to British Gas.
As part of the Travis Perkins Group, one of the UK's leading companies we’ve got the supportive culture of a family run business and an entrepreneurial mindset. Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
We have a new and exciting opportunity within our Plumbing and Heating division to join the Sales & Ops team as a Personal Assistant to the Managing Director. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking for a new challenge to showcase your PA experience.
As the Personal Assistant to the Managing Director, you will be a fundamental part of the team and will support the Sales & Ops regional leadership team with day to day diary management and administration support covering a wide range of aspects from HR admin and logging expenses, to arranging meetings and producing reports based on information provided.
To have full responsibility for all regional support including leading & coordinating all HR administration activities that arise from the regions utilising the MyHRSystem to ensure that all colleagues are paid on time and correctly.
- Prepare reports and presentations for regional manager meetings and coordinating events and meetings.
- Diary management and scheduling whilst organising travel arrangements nationally.
- Administering project support to ensure delivery of any projects.
- Liaise with suppliers for events and meetings including corporate hospitality and managing internal and external visitors.
- Typing correspondence and minute-taking for business meetings & colleague HR matters ensuring the appropriate documentation is prepared in a timely manner and issued accordingly.
- Receive correspondence and actioning accordingly, ODAS / expenses / invoice management for the Directors and manage ‘inbox’ as and when required.
- Establish strong working relationships with internal teams and managers to handle enquiries or refer to relevant departments.
What we are looking for;
It would be great if you had previous experience within an administrative role handling confidential information and sensitive matters in a professional manner at all times. Be confident using computer software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Google. As the role will help assist with HR queries a basic understanding of HR will be useful.