Margin Support Manager
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Margin Support ManagerLocation: Northampton, NN5 5JRHours: 42.5 Monday to Friday£Competitive inc Excellent Benefits PTS is a leading distributor of domestic plumbing and heating products to a varied customer base including major contract customers, house builders and housing associations. With a network of branches, PTS is ideally placed to meet the needs of customers, wherever they may be, we also offer a fast and efficient on time in full delivery service. We have an excellent opportunity for a Margin Support Manager to join our team supporting CPS & PTS branches within our Plumbing and Heating Division. Upon joining us comes excellent benefits and long term career opportunities, so if you are looking for a new challenge to drive growth and margin expansion then come and be a fundamental part of our journey and share our success in a hard-working and friendly environment. The role; Reporting to the Trading Hub Manager you will be responsible to lead and implement regional margin projects across all stakeholders successfully by recommending solutions and providing data to Sales Directors, Sales Teams & Regional Directors to ensure our margins are improved and lost sales & margin opportunities are identified. You will be responsible to add value to the profitably of the business by ensuring all processes are adhered to and are fit for purpose with an adequate level of check to prevent missed sales & margin, within the trading hub and for both account managed & branch customers, whilst giving an efficient service and advice to our branch network.
- To support the branches & sales team on projects relating to pricing and margin.
- To data mine to allow review of low margin customers, reviewing each customers trading and then put in place and agree a recovery plan
- To provide analysis to assist the Sales Director when making commercial decisions by demonstrating margin being made and suggest alternative products and solutions where the teams can improve our margin.
- To provide regular critical review of all new supplier deals to ensure that deals are only authorised once checked.
- To produce reports and recommendations to increase business profitability and support to implement these recommendations.
- Previous experience with a background in merchant sales, operations or HQ.
- Excellent IT skills, as an ability to review and interrogate data will be essential.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to identify and understand customer needs.
- Financial awareness from all aspects.
- Ability to present to and influence stakeholders to suggest implement system/process improvement.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team, excellent problem solving skills with the ability to problem solve.