Fixed Assets and Property Accountant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Do you have experience of working within a Management or Financial Accounts department? At Travis Perkins P&H, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our Finance Team as a Fixed Assets and Property Accountant.
On a daily basis you will be required to liaise with multiple departments, gaining exposure to a variety of stakeholders. Your responsibility will be to maintain the accounting for Fixed Assets and Property for the Plumbing & Heating division.
- You will be accountable for all balance sheet reconciliations related to fixed assets and property accounting following and applyinying the internal finance manual.
- Responsible for the accounting for Fixed Assets and Property related costs, ensuring that reporting is accurate and timely.
- Accountable for ensuring that capital expenditure overspend is reported accurately.
- Partnering the business to ensure that capital expenditure is in line with capital approval amounts and verifying the disposal proceeds against Electronic Sales Invoice (ESI) report.
- Maintaining sublease and internal lease information and ensuring external lease information entered on to the O6ix system by the property administrators is up to date and reflects current contractual arrangements. Responsible for ensuring that this reconciles to the data in the LOIS software and the accounting for Property, including IFRS 16.
- Responsible for partnering the business to ensure that the impact of rent reviews, lease incentives and other lease changes are reflected in budgets, reforecasts and the accounts.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you should;
- Part qualified in one of the following; ACA/CIMA/ACCA.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Have experience in preparation of financial management reports.
- Understand Business Process and be commercially aware.
- A drive to understand complex areas, improve systems and processes.
What can we offer you?
Travis Perkins plc are the UK leader in the building materials and home improvement markets. Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across 20+ leading businesses including Travis Perkins, Wickes, Keyline and City Plumbing Supplies. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
Our strong family values and 'cornerstones' lie at the heart of the success of our journey - from family business to forward thinking plc. If matching your ambition to our culture is an exciting prospect, there's never been a better time to join us. And if, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of perks on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in.
Please note that all job applications will be reviewed week commencing of Monday 4th January. Have a fantastic Christmas and Happy New Year from Travis Perkins P&H Recruitment Team.