Finance Manager (Sales Team)
Are you an experienced Finance individual with extensive experience in Vendor Management, B2B Sales and Margin Management and looking to expand your career? Travis Perkins P&H have an exciting opportunity for a Sales and Marketing Finance Manager to join our team. The role will be based in Crick, Northamptonshire but will require some travel to support your business partners, however initially will be working from home.
At Travis Perkins P&H, we are currently looking for a strategic thinking individual to work closely with our Senior Leadership Teams (SLT) and their teams. In this role it is fundamental that you have brilliant business acumen, your role will include business partnering to not only help improve the business but to mitigate business risks also. You will challenge your stakeholders to drive the business forward and create a real impact in a well established business environment.
The role reports into the Commercial Finance Director, the Commercial Finance team business partners all aspects of the Plumbing and Heating Division providing support, challenge and advice on commercial decision making within the business.
- Working closely with Sales Director providing challenge to help drive improved profitability across all sales channels
- Working alongside numerous finance teams to provide business analysis and insight to improve the business
- Accountable for and deliver core finance processes, such as budget, forecasts, month end and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for the overall accounting and reporting of our customer rebates
- Drive leading practice in controls within your team ensuring compliance to internal controls and recommend changes to controls to reduce risks
- Ensure that all reporting is maintained to an ensuring standard and that data integrity is validated
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification (CA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA / MBA).
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge;
- Strong Influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in strategic analysis & planning and execution, performance metrics, project evaluation, commercial acumen.
- Ability to simplify complex situations and synthesize, communicate and present complex information.
- Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, pro-active, collaborative and consultative.
- Exposure to SQL and advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills.
What can we offer you?
Travis Perkins plc are the UK leader in the building materials and home improvement markets. Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across 20+ leading businesses including Travis Perkins, Wickes, Keyline and City Plumbing Supplies. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
Our strong family values and 'cornerstones' lie at the heart of the success of our journey - from family business to forward thinking plc. If matching your ambition to our culture is an exciting prospect, there's never been a better time to join us. And if, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of perks on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in.