Driver/Branch Sales Assistant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
A busy and fast paced business with great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for career progression – join City Plumbing as a Driver/Branch Sales Assistant. and share our success in a hard-working and friendly environment.
The role we're recruiting for:
Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, we are looking for someone who is committed to delivering an outstanding level of service, is professional and has drive, energy and enthusiasm.
You will provide the highest level of service to internal and external customers, and will deliver products to our customers against some very tight deadlines. You must have the appropriate driving licence (and ideally CPC training records) with previous experience as a driver. You will also work within the branch in a customer facing role, serving on the trade counter and dealing with customers over the telephone, providing customer service that is second to none and maximising sales at every opportunity. You will be an advocate of our ‘Stay Safe’ culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Health and safety of yourself and your vehicle
- Your vehicle maintenance and condition
- To report any issues or incidents to your line manager
- To comply with transport compliance law and regulations
- Supporting the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with achieving and exceeding sales targets at optimum margins.
- Ensuring we maintain high standards, creating and maintaining a loyal customer base and providing a first class service.
- Assisting with the general duties within the branch such as serving customers on the trade counter, telesales and ensuring the housekeeping standards are maintained both on the trade counter and warehousing.
- It would be great if you had:
- Previous warehouse experience and knowledge of the products associated with our industry would be an advantage and knowledge of geographical location.
CPS is committed to best practices in recruitment and undertakes Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches that undertake deliveries for British Gas. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment and will be undertaken by CareerCheck Ltd. We reserve the right to withdraw any offer of employment if the check is unsatisfactory.
City Plumbing has built a reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to the trade and operates from more than 300 branches nationwide. For more than 25 years, the company has built on its reputation of selling quality products and providing expert service to the Plumbing and Heating trade.
The company deals with both trade and retail customers and operates the largest network of dedicated Bathroom Showrooms across the UK. The state of the art showrooms are designed to inspire our customers by showcasing our impressive range of bathroom products.
As part of Travis Perkins plc who are the UK leader in the building materials and home improvement markets. Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across more than 20 leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
What you’ll get:
You will be entitled to some great benefits including a competitive salary, eligible to an annual performance related bonus, 22 days annual holiday which increases with length of service, contributory pension, a wide range of other benefits (including flexible benefits through salary exchange, share incentive plan, colleague discount across Travis Perkins Group and discounts for more than 1000 retailers).