This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We have a brand new role as a Capability Manager to join the HR team within Plumbing & Heating, responsible for creating a contemporary and continuous development culture within P&H through excellence in L&D, talent & succession processes, and engendering a high performance culture.
What you’ll do
As the Capability Manager you will be responsible for creating a contemporary and continuous learning culture within the P&H businesses through a strategy that reflects business learning needs and links with all elements of the wider people plan and business plan, ultimately enhancing our rich landscape for careers and people development.
Some accountabilities of the role:
- Building on the current Learning & Development strategy in partnership with stakeholders and HRBPs
- Drive performance and help define a consistent performance management approach across the business
- Deploy and embed a robust and transparent talent and succession process that improves our pipelines and provides opportunities to invest in colleagues
- Harness the opportunity the apprenticeship levy provides for fully funded training solutions for critical roles in the business.
- Management of the current LMS, making sure all statutory courses are covered through an elearning approach, and seeking opportunities to expand the reach of online learning.
- Making sure the current induction plan for our branch colleagues and managers is industry leading and excites new starters from day one, setting them up to succeed straight away.
- Develop a strong network with other colleagues with L&D responsibilities across the Group to share ideas, best practice and knowledge.
Is this you?
If you are someone that can demonstrate genuine passion for building organisational capability but not just through traditional training or L&D interventions, this is the role for you. We are looking for a creative and innovative approach that provides opportunities for colleagues and leaders to grow and develop and drive the business to win.
You will be responsible for creating a contemporary continuous learning culture and a high performance philosophy within the P&H businesses utilising your previous experience and expertise in L&D, performance management, and talent & succession development.
The capability role will link with all elements of the wider People Plan and the delivery of the business plan. With commercial acumen and curiosity you will develop a deep understanding of the business which is essential to establish credible, trusting and challenging relationships with stakeholders across all areas of the business.
Alongside this you will need excellent communication and influencing skills to build a network internally with other learning professionals and with our shared services, as well as with external suppliers and delivery partners.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be supported by some fantastic training and development and have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop across the Travis Perkins Group.
We’ll also equip you with a benefits package that grows as you grow with the company:
- Competitive bonus
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Buy-as-you-earn scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Colleague discount across a variety of Group businesses including; 20% off at Wickes plus special discounts across our Trade Merchanting businesses.
A bit about us
As the largest distributor of building materials in the UK, Travis Perkins has been helping to build Britain for over 200 years.
With over 26 businesses, 28,000 colleagues and more than 2,000 branches, stores and sites around the UK we believe we have the best people and the best place to work. Everyone works hard together to deliver results, but most importantly, have some fun along the way!